Forum Home Forum Home > LSA Forums > General LSA Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LIVE UPDATE FIXED

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LIVE UPDATE FIXED
    Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 9:12pm
V6.07 has been released today to fix the live update issue, this can now be downloaded from the download window

This release does have a few modifications from the previous release including a few new reports and some background code that allows future proofing of the update server, a lesson hard learnt, but should the server fail in the future this release will simply swoop to a new server preventing update service interruption.

All V6 keys work on this release.

I was pushing to get V7 out to fix the live update issue but I am still deep in code on this project and the time scale is simply unacceptable.
Another reason I did not want to put out another v6 release was the time spent testing, if anyone does experience issues with this release do let me know ASAP.

Although I have tested this on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 you simple cannot cover every configuration out there.
Technut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 12:45am
Hello Jamie

Running Windows 7 here and have program configured as Admin. was a bit tricky to get database into new release. your update setup only sees loaded draw file besides pick wheels so far but it works. I did get my TEXAS data into the program and your update server did update lotto texas. The only issue I really see is the data itself is not in draw order anymore.

Edited by Technut - 12 Aug 2016 at 12:49am
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift thats why its called the PRESENT! (c8
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 8:21am
Hi

your update setup only sees loaded draw file besides pick wheels so far but it works.

Yes, the active draw is the one that gets updated, this has always been the case.
Never really thought of it before, I could make it update all draws for the selected region.

The only issue I really see is the data itself is not in draw order anymore.

Can you explain in more detail so I can investigate, I checked the Cash 5 and that looks OK?
Technut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Administrator Administrator wrote:

Hi

your update setup only sees loaded draw file besides pick wheels so far but it works.

Yes, the active draw is the one that gets updated, this has always been the case.
Never really thought of it before, I could make it update all draws for the selected region.

The only issue I really see is the data itself is not in draw order anymore.

Can you explain in more detail so I can investigate, I checked the Cash 5 and that looks OK?

what I reffering to is the numbers are in numerical order instead of draw order. for example 12 14 17 25 36 instead of 17 12 36 14 25.

Edited by Technut - 12 Aug 2016 at 9:54pm
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift thats why its called the PRESENT! (c8
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:56pm
Hi

This is correct; LSA has to sort the numbers in numerical order so as to calculate the normal distribution correctly. This is keystone component of LSA's math engine and without it many of the statistics would just look like noise.
Technut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Administrator Administrator wrote:

Hi

This is correct; LSA has to sort the numbers in numerical order so as to calculate the normal distribution correctly. This is keystone component of LSA's math engine and without it many of the statistics would just look like noise.

I see well I guess the appearances per ball position counts will not be correct any more because if high numbers are drawn first they will be counted in later position instead of where it came out.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 12:20am
The appearances per ball position counts are correct but only when the numbers are sorted numerical as they are normal distribution based, thats just another example of why the draw results data must be sorted.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 12:30am

Now when you list out all possible combinations you will see it in numerical order.

For example 12 02 48 45 11 03 is not a valid line in the normal distribution.

We see each line like so

1): 01 02 03 04 05 06

2) 01 02 03 04 05 07

3) 01 02 03 04 05 08

4): 01 02 03 04 05 09

5): 01 02 03 04 05 10

And so on until we reach the last combination so in a 6/49 that would be

13,983,816)  44 45 46 47 48 49

If you look at the normal distribution, you can see

1,712,304 lines have ball 1 in 1st ticket position normal distribution

The figure’s never changes for those draw rules (6/49) so we use this as the reference for calculations giving us a solid foundation to write the math engine too, so in order to correctly analyse the results they too must be sorted.

I hope this makes sense.

Technut View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 3:40am
Hello Jamie i have been away for a while but i am back now. I have changed jobs and moved and even had laptop hard drive crash as well. all of my existing data for lotteries i still have thanks to flash drive backup. but my data ended in march of 2018. i have ran your live update and lotto texas worked, two step worked powerball and megamillions worked also but cash 5 it gets stuck trying to get the data from server and fails. also you can forget triple chance game that has been dropped. All or nothing is still online but updating it also didn't work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic